Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Pioneer Womans Cowboy Nachos, Sunday Evening Dinner.



In our house we have a larger Sunday lunch and then more snack food at dinner time. I am in love with the Pioneer Woman website and it tremendously helpful in creating this meal plan.
Jason and I have been going to a BBQ place here in town and enjoying these nachos. I ran across them on her website and learned how to make them for myself.

Here is what you need:
The leftover pinto beans from your beans and cornbread meal.
The leftover Brisket.
Home made Pico de Gallo, I used the same mixture I had made previously for the Crazy Mac and Cheese (Just add cilantro)!
Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Chips
1 can of enchillada sauce
javascript:void(0)
Save Now
Here is how you do it:

Step 1: Heat up in a skillet with a bit of olive oil the brisket. Add a bit of the enchillada sauce. Do not drown the meat. We added to much and this was my only complaint. I would add less than half a can in the future.
Step 2: Heat up the beans.
Step 3: Start thinking layers. Add a layer of chips to a dish, pile on beans, brisket, cheese, and pico de gallo. Repeat several times over until you have a large pile of layered yumminess!
Step 4: Put in broiler long enough for cheese to melt and then top with one more helping of Pico de gallo.

ENJOY!
This meal got a triple thumbs up from Jason. He ate so much of it. It was delicious and we LOVED that the ingredients (exept for the chips) all came from previous meals.
It is perfect accumulation of leftovers that make a powerful end to the meal plan for the week.

1 comment:

MommaHughes said...

Dang girl! I gotta get me summa dat!!!