Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kielbasa and Saffron Rice

This is one of those "so easy" meals that I almost did not post it. But, this is what I made so this is what I post!
We had little time and I needed a quick satisfying meal. Here is how to do it:

You will need 1/2 of the kielbasa sausage that you bought.
Cut it into small pieces.

Place them in a pan and cook on medium heat. Our family likes them a bit burned, but cook them however your family likes them.

Meanwhile, boil water and olive oil (skip the margarine!) in a pot. Add your rice and boil on low with a lid on top.


When the rice is almost finished add a 1/2 bag of broccoli. If you have fresh broccoli use this, it will be way better. But frozen broccoli works fine too. The broccoli will cook as the rice finished up.


Make sure to check your sausage and flip them to the other side to cook/brown.


When the rice/broccoli and sausage are finished you are almost ready to eat.
Cut up an orange into slices to serve with the meal.




Your finished! It took less then twenty minutes, few dishes, and was a breeze!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Sounds good to me... Why did your rice look yellow?

Ethiopianmomma said...

Because it is "yellow rice"...for real I love ya friend! This made me laugh ~thanks!!!!

JennT said...

Thanks girls for helping me finish my menu, I'm going to try this dish and your waffle recipe with peach sauce!