Monday, September 1, 2008

Tuesday Night: Bubble Pizza

This is a family favorite. We have it when company comes over, when someone needs a meal brought to them or on my husband's pizza night of the week. It is so easy to make. When I cook, I like to cook- forget the recipe. This is one of those recipes that you can EASILY memorize for a night when you want to make something easy, yet make everyone ask for seconds!

Here is what you need:

Ingredients: 2 cups pizza cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand), browned sausage (you can also use pepperoni, hamburger or bacon), 1 jar of pizza sauce, 2 tubes buttermilk biscuits. *Note: I don't put veggies in this b/c my family doesn't like the veggies, but feel free to add whatever you would order on your own pizza.

Step #1: Brown and drain the meat.

Step #2: Cut the 2 tubes of biscuits into quarters.

Step #3: Put the biscuits into a bowl along with the jar of pizza sauce.

Step #4: Add the meat and any other toppings you may have.

Step #6: Mix it all together.

Step #7: Pour into a baking dish (ungreased).

Step #8: Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Step #9- No, I didn't forget the cheese! After baking for 20 minutes, take it out and add your cheese. Now pop it back in the over for 10 more minutes.


Now you are finished! This is so yummy it is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Cheap as well- this cost me about $5 to make the entire dish. There are approximately 6 adult servings per dish- so about 75 cents per serving. Sounds frugal to me!

5 comments:

Ethiopianmomma said...

YUMMMMMMYYYY

Cfuller said...

This is pure genius! And...this week at my local grocery store, Shaw's, they have Grand's on sale 10 for $10- with my manufacturer's coupons and the in flyer coupon I'll get 18 Grand's plus 12 bags of Chex mix for a profit of $1.82. Wahoo! Thank you for helping me come up with a creative way to use all those Grand's biscuits!

Cara
www.centsofdirection.blogspot.com

MommaHughes said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aWESOME, awesome, awesome!

Beeb said...

Yum! This would be a good use for that tube of biscuits in my fridge!

mariet said...

Loved it! We had it for dinner i had to put it back in for a few min's cause it was doughy i think cause of the cheese but it was great and filling.