Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monday: Beef Enchiladas

I got this recipe from an ebook by Sheri Graham. It's called Menu Planning Made Easy. She has lots of good recipes in her ebook that are simple to make and use very few ingredients. (and she is not paying me to say so) ;)

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 can (10 ounce) enchilada sauce or red sauce
1 can condensed Cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed Tomato soup
10 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, cook beef, drain. Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour 1 cup of sauce into bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish. Stir 1 cup sauce into beef mixture, then stir in 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese.

Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of beef mixture down center of tortillas. Roll up tightly; place 10 tortillas seam side down in pan. Top with remaining sauce. Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Tip: This recipe is great frozen! Just double your recipe! Assemble tortillas into pan, cover with foil, and freeze (do not bake first). To bake, thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.

5 comments:

The Keevy Family said...

I just found your blog recently and I am loving it! You are amazing! What a great resource, I will be visiting often!
www.alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

Carey said...

Have I told you I love your blog? I made your Beef Enchiladas last night and they were a HIT! I served them with a bit of shredded lettuce on top, and when I put my daughter's plate in front of her she said "This looks just like at the Mexican restaurant!" I took that as a compliment.

Kelly said...

Just came across your blog today and have one picky little thing--technically enchiladas are made with corn tortillas, and flour tortillas are used for burritos. At least, that's how I learned it when I lived in New Mexico.

MommaHughes said...

Kelly,
Thank you for the correction. ;) I suppose we have combined what we liked of the burrito and what we liked of the enchilada. Maybe I will call this one Beef burrilada. :)

Kelly said...

That's funny :)
Or enchilato.

If you want an easy, easy, easy enchilada recipe, just layer corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheddar cheese in a baking dish and bake at about 350 until the cheese is all melted. Mmmm, mmm, mmm.