Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday: Tomato Ravioli Soup

Makes 1 (1.25 cup) servings.

I have to start by saying that these pictures do not do this recipe justice. This soup is so good that it may just become a weekly "Sunday soup" in your house. Extra bonus: Doesn't take a lot of ingredients either. This one came from my Five Ingredient, Fifteen Minute cookbook. I LOVE this cookbook. It is definitely my favorite of all my cookbooks. This recipe has two easy steps.
Ingredients: 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth or vege broth
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning (I always use it from an Italian seasoning packet, but I think the recipe intends that you just use regular seasoning)
3 cups frozen cheese ravioli (about 12 ounces)
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Step One: Combine first three ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.









Step Two: Add ravioli, zucchini, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heart, and simmer 7 minutes or until pasta and zucchini are tender.





Now, the question is: Will you use a fork or a spoon?!

3 comments:

MommaHughes said...

Should be 4 servings, not one. Sorry.

Heather said...

do you think this recipe would work in a crock pot?

MommaHughes said...

Heather, Thank you for your comment. I have never tried using the crock pot for this one. It actually takes just 15 minutes from beginning to end, which is one reason I love this recipe so much. The thing that takes the longest is cutting your zucchini. :) If you try it in the crock pot let us know how it turns out, okay?