Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday: Chicken Bruschetta with Green Beans

This is a yummy comfort food, I make it at least once a month. My husband is a pretty picky eater and he thinks it's pretty good also!

Here is what you need:


1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (undrained), 1 pkg. Chicken stuffing, /12 cup water, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic), 1 1/2 lb. Chicken, 1 tsp. dried basil leaves (optional), 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, add the diced tomatoes (undrained), stuffing mix and water in a bowl.

Step 2: Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced cloves of garlic to mixture

Step 3: Stir until just moistened

Step 4: Dice up chicken into bite size pieces

Step 5: Place chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, sprinkle 1 tsp. dried basil leaves on top

Step 6: Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken

Step 7: Spread stuffing mix on top of the cheese and then add the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top

Step 8: Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

This will reheat great and is perfect for leftovers!

Cost for a family of 6: $6.00

Cost per person: $1.00

Recipe taken from "Kraft: Food and Family" magazine; Fall 2008- p. 26. If you haven't signed up for kraft's free recipe magazine, you absolutely should!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

This meal became a little dry for me, but otherwise my family LOVED IT! I just found this site about a week ago and it's helped me a ton. I'm tired of making the same meals and this mixes it up for me and my family!

Kate said...

Great site and recipes! We loved this recipe but the chicken got a bit dry. Next time, we are going to marinate it before cooking! Thanks!