Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday: Sweet Pea Fried Rice

I love Chinese, especially fried rice! I made this dish without any meat, but feel free to add bacon, chicken or whatever you like to your rice bowl!

Here is what you need:
8 green onions, white and light green parts, 1 clove garlic- chopped, 6 cups cooked rice, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 10 oz package frozen green peas (thawed), 4 large eggs-beaten, salt and pepper.


Step 1: Slice and Dice your green onions- use both light and dark green parts

Step 2: Cook your rice- you need about 6 cups after cooking


Step 3: Dice up 1 clove of garlic

Step 4: Heat up about 2 tbs. vegetable oil to medium heat and add garlic and green onions


Just a Tip- I cooked mine TOO LONG (see below)! You really only need to cook them about 3 minutes. If you overcook they won't be as tasty!

Step 5: Add 6 cups COOKED Rice to cooked garlic and green onions

Step 6: Add 1/4 cup soy sauce and stir


Step 7: Add 1 pkg. thawed sweet peas, stir.


Step 8: Beat 4 eggs
Step 9: Push rice mixture to one side


Step 10: Pour in eggs and cook

Step 11: Cook until eggs are slightly scrambled


Step 12: Mix scrambled eggs w/ rice


Step 13: Serve and ENJOY!


Price of Meal: $3.00
Serves: 6
Cost per serving: 50 cents

One of my favorite chinese dishes is chow mein, but I've never found a good recipe for this.

Does anyone out there have a great chow mein recipe? I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I appreciate the fried rice recipe - can't wait to try it! Yum!

Kate said...

Looks great! I am making this tonight and adding chicken.

MommaHughes said...

AWESOME SARAH!! I LOVE IT!!!