Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday: Tuna Melts and Veggies

It's Tuna Melt Day! This recipe is so super easy and it's great to use as a stand-by. As meal plans often go, things come up during the week and you may not get to a meal you had planned. That was the case with our tuna melts (sniff **). I decided to still post the recipe, but sorry there are no pictures!

For this recipe you need: 1/2 cup (more or less to taste), 1 can tuna, cheddar cheese (sliced or shredded), white or wheat bread.

Step 1: Mix tuna and mayo together (I usually just add a dollop or two until I get it to the consistency I wanted.

Step 2: Heat up a griddle or pan on the stove to Medium Heat

Step 3: Butter both slices of bread

Step 4: Put tuna mixture and cheese on bread and add to pan

Step 5: Heat until bread is crispy and cheese is melted. If you notice the bread is cooking faster than the cheese is melting, you need to turn down the temperature.

Step 6: Cut and enjoy! Add tomato lettuce if you have it stocked in the fridge already and you've got a great dinner. Also- you can add cold carrots and celery- yum!



This is a pretty basic recipe for tuna melts. I would love to hear some of your recipes for this meal.


Post a comment and let me know what you do to jazz up your tuna melts!

1 comment:

The Keevy Family said...

This sounds good. I often make open face tuna melts to go with soup. My husband grew up with grilled tuna sammies without the cheese and still loves them to this day. I think that is really the only meal he knows how to make...apart from milk and cold cereal. Wow...feels good to be needed! :)