Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday: Fresh Fish, Rice and Steamed Sweet Peas

Fresh fish is a huge favorite in our family. We don't have it too often, but when we do it's a treat!
Many people are turned away from fresh fish because they don't know how to cook it properly. It is so easy and quick to make!

Here is what you need:

Fresh Fish (1 piece per person, we used Tilapia), Rice Pilaf (or your choice), frozen sweet peas, lemon pepper (or your choice of seasoning)

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then sprinkle seasoning on your pan for your fish.

Step 2: Place fish on pan (we use a cookie sheet), then sprinkle with an adequate amount of seasoning. Then put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Start cooking your rice and veggies.

Step 4: After 15 minutes, check your fish. It should all be white and you can flake it with a fork.

Step 5: Dinner is served! (Notice: I totally forgot to cook my veggies! I totally had mommy brain, we sat down to eat and then I noticed it! My husband added some garlic biscuits as well.)

Meal serves: 2
Cost of meal: $4.00 (rice a roni was FREE and biscuits were 30 cents- check out coupons.com on our left sidebar!)
Cost per person: $2.00

1 comment:

Satsuki Rebel said...

I totally get the mommy brain thing. Have you tried the Ziploc microwave steamer bags? I swear by those for my veggies now. I do side dishes on the weekends and by the time those roll around my energy for cooking is just gone. Thanks for posting the easy fish directions. I always forget that I can bake mine since I grew up frying them instead. Who knows, maybe I'll make this on Friday night. ^^