Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday Night: Bubble Pizza

This is a family favorite and was very popular last time I posted this recipe. We have it when company comes over, when someone needs a meal brought to them or on my husband's pizza night of the week. It is so easy to make. When I cook, I like to cook- forget the recipe. This is one of those recipes that you can EASILY memorize for a night when you want to make something that is super easy and everyone loves!

Here is what you need:

Ingredients: 2 cups pizza cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand), browned sausage (you can also use pepperoni, hamburger or bacon), 1 jar of pizza sauce, 2 tubes buttermilk biscuits. *Note: I don't put veggies in this b/c my family doesn't like the veggies, but feel free to add whatever you would order on your own pizza.

Step #1: Brown and drain the meat.

Step #2: Cut the 2 tubes of biscuits into quarters.

Step #3: Put the biscuits into a bowl along with the jar of pizza sauce.

Step #4: Add the meat and any other toppings you may have.

Step #6: Mix it all together.

Step #7: Pour into a baking dish (ungreased).

Step #8: Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Step #9- No, I didn't forget the cheese! After baking for 20 minutes, take it out and add your cheese. Now pop it back in the over for 10 more minutes.


Now you are finished! This is so yummy it is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. . Sounds frugal to me!

Cost of Meal- $5.00
Serves- 6 people
Cost per person- 75 cents per person

Pretty FRUGAL!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Ever since I saw the meal plan I was wondering what Bubble Pizza was. Now I know! Sounds yummy and I plan to make it soon!

Kate said...

Looks great! Can you tell me how much meat you put in? Was it a whole pound?

The Keevy Family said...

I love this idea!! Can't wait to try it!
alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

Chauncey said...

This looks so good! I love your blog - keep up the great work!!!

Sarah Anne said...

Kate asked how much meat you put in the bubble pizza:

Kate- you do put 1 lb of whatever meat of your choosing. Sausage, hamburger, bacon, ham- anything works great! I would also suggest that if you need to cut costs, put 1/2 lb of meat and add some veggies instead.