Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mexican Cornbread Pizza

Mexican Cornbread Pizza










Ingredients:
I Jiffy Box of Corn Muffin Mix
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Milk
1 egg
2 Tbs. Chilli Powder
1 tsp. Parsley
1 can Chili (they said with no beans, but we used beans)
2 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese









Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the can of chili and the cheddar cheese. On a floured surface knead the dough 10-15 times until it is easy enough to work with.










Roll out dough into a 9"x11" pan that has been greased. I had to use extra flour to get rid of some of the stickiness. Use the back of a spoon if you do not have a one-handed rolling pin.










Use the back of a spoon to spread the chili over the corn bread mixture.










Sprinkle cheese over the beans. Cook in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.













Taken from a Jiffy mixes Recipe book.










Dinner is served.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I just made this. I changed a few things (homemade black bean chili). It was good, husband and baby both liked it.

Keep up the great work! I LOVE this site, very inspirational.

Martha (aka Yvette) said...

I'm loving this one because I have everything in my pantry will be trying this tomorrow :)., lov'n your site!!!