What can you do with sweet potatoes, apples, celery and onion? You can make soup!
What you will need:
3 pounds of sweet potatoes
1 large apple
1 stalk of celery
1 small onion
Salt and Pepper
What to do:
1. Stab your sweet potatoes and put them into the oven to bake.
Bake them for about 45 minutes, until they are soft.
2. In the meantime, peel and cut up your apple. Set it aside.
Chop your onion.
Chop your celery.
3. Add the apple, onion, and celery to a skillet with olive oil. Saute until nice and soft.
4. Put a pot on the stove with 6 cups of water in it. Add salt and pepper to the water.
5. Add your apple, onion, and celery to the water and heat.
6. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them in half and let them cool. When you can touch them without burning yourself scoop out all of the potato. Add the potato to the saucepan and stir.
7. When the sauce pan full of all your ingredients is nice and warm put it into a food processer. This will remove all the chunks and really cream it all together.
8. Put back on the stove and keep warm until you are ready to serve it.
We had this really healthy soup with small toasted cheese and turkey sandwiches.
I would consider, but did not do it, adding some cinnamon to the soup. I will try this next time. There was a lot leftover and I put it into the freezer for another day.