Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday: Ham and Cheese Melts

These sounds so yummy! They are great, when cooked right and unfortunately this was a FLOP in my kitchen! I don't understand what went wrong b/c I have made these several times before. Maybe I added too much butter to the bread? I don't know for sure, but the sandwiches stuck to my pan and fell completely apart. We ended up eating them with a fork!

Don't let this deter you from trying to make your own! Let me know how your recipes go.


Here's what you need: 1 package deli ham, 8 slices of cheese (I used american), 8 pieces of bread and butter



Step 1: Cook deli ham in skillet until warmed

Step 2: While ham is cooking, add 2 slices of cheese to each sandwich. Some prefer to add one slice of cheese, then meat then more cheese. It's up to you!

Step 3: Butter the bread (does it look like I used too much?!?)

Step 4: Add your warmed ham on top of the cheese

Step 5: Top with buttered bread and place in a pan on medium heat. Cook on each side until browned and cheese is ooey gooey melty!



Step 6: Enjoy! No, at this point I don't have an end photo for you. I was TOO UPSET that they didn't turn out like I wanted to even remember to take an end photo. Plus I had two toddler girls who were starving and ready for their lunch! I served it with crunchy carrot sticks. The girls didn't seem to mind they had to eat it with a fork. :<)

Meal serves: 4
Cost of meal: $4.00
Cost per person: $1.00

No comments: