Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday: No Fuss Tex Mex Roll-ups

This was the first time I have made this recipe. There are probably only 2 things I would change, but you may feel differently. I am not familiar w/ "Tex Mex", I am assuming it is more of an americanized mexican dish. I thought that the meat needed more flavor, and so I will add taco seasoning next time. Also, we love cheese in this house and it could definitely use more cheese inside the roll-ups. I would love to hear your opinion when you make it!

Here is what you need:

8 flour tortillas, 1 cup chunky salsa, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar ( I recommend using around 1 cup), 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 TB chili powder (I recommend using 2 TB chili powder or taco seasoning in it's place), 1 lb ground beef, 2 red bell peppers (I only used 1, they are so expensive!)


Step 1: Dice your red bell pepper. I kept mine pretty large mainly b/c I could pick them out for my husband who doesn't appreciate the red bell.

Step 2: Brown your ground beef


Step 3: Drain the ground beef

Step 4: Put your ground beef and peppers back in the skillet, add 1 TB chili powder and cook over medium for 5 minutes or until peppers are cooked
Step 5: Add 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I recommend adding at least 1/2 cup) and mix well.
Step 6: Spoon mixture into tortilla shells, roll and put them seam side down in a 9 x 13 pan

Step 7: Once all your tortillas are filled, drizzle 1/2 cup Italian dressing on top, then 1/2 cup salsa (or more) and lots of cheese!

Step 8: Put under broiler until cheese is all melty and tortillas are crispy. Enjoy!


Meal Serves: 4
Cost of Meal: $6.00
Cost per person: $1.50

1 comment:

MommaHughes said...

I want to eat at your house tonight!