This recipe comes from Heather. You can find Heather on her blogspot, A Day With Jake.
Oriental Noodles as directed by Heather herself:
This is a yummy meal that I lost the original recipe for. So, we have just adjusted it to our tastes. It's quick and easy. Also, it gets some good veggies into the kiddos.
1 head broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 C. carrots, chopped into bite-size pieces
16 oz. linguine noodles
1-2 lbs. sirloin steak, sliced into bite size pieces (I use stir-fry meat)
3/4 bottle (16 oz.) Italian dressing
1/4 C. teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste
Let's get cooking!
Let's Get Cookin:
1. First, get all of your chopping done and bring 1 pot of salted water to a boil.
Make bite size pieces of brocolli
Make bite size pieces of carrots
2. Spray a skillet or saute pan with cooking spray (or add 2 tsps. vegetable oil) and brown your steak pieces. Tip: Cook the steak on screaming hot heat to get a nice char on the outside. As soon as both sides are brown- take the meat off the burner! This will give you tender on the inside and yummy flavor on the outside. Also, add linguine to the boiling salted water.
Don't turn your steak until it is completely brown on one side.
3. Add the linguine to an uncovered pot.
4. After the skillet has cooled considerably dump your italian dressing, teriyaki sauce, and ginger into the skillet with the beef. Mix it up and try to scrape up a big of the yummies on the bottom of the skillet.
5. Add the carrots and broccoli to the pot of water and noodles during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. This will allow them to become tender enough to bite but still retain their pretty color and nutrients.
6. Strain the noodle and veggie mixture and return back to the hot pot. Then mix in the meat and sauce mixture.
7. Enjoy!! We usually serve this with some frozen egg rolls on the side. But, it's still super yummy and filling by itself.
If you have any questions please visit Heather!