Thursday, February 26, 2009
Thursday- Easy Eggrolls
Thursday- Destiny's Easy eggrolls http://destinysdiner.blogspot.com
Cast of Characters for Easy Eggrolls:
1 can chicken (or cut up chicken breast),
1 bunch green onions
1 can chow mein
1 package eggroll wraps (found in the produce section)
oil (enough for frying)
What to do:
1. Place chicken with juice in a skillet and cook until juice is gone.
2. While waiting on chicken, cut up green onions.
3. Move chicken to one side and add green onions to other side. Cook for about one minute.
4. Next drain chow mein into bowl.
Add chicken and green onions to bowl and mix well. Start oil heating on medium heat.
5. Now you are ready to roll your eggrolls. Get a small cup of water to use to seal the egdes. Place the wrap on a flat surface. Place 1-2T mix diagnally in center of wrap.
Dip fingers in water and run around two outer edges. Fold up bottom edge (without water) over the eggroll. Next bring in the two sides to the center and finally roll. You can add more water on the outer seal if you feel like it needs it. The water is what keeps the oil out. Once your eggrolls are rolled you can either set some aside to freeze or cook all of them.
6. To cook, place in hot oil until it turns a golden brown. Romove and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with rice and sweet and sour sauce or mustard/sou sauce mixture for dipping. When we have leftover we like to place sliced cheese on top before microwaving.
If you have any questions feel free to visit Destiny's blogspot!
Labels: Recipes and Meal Ideas