Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday: Bombalki

This one came from my husband's family. I kind of made up my own version of what they have made several times in the past when we got together, as I have never actually asked how they made bombalki. In fact, I don't even think I am spelling it right, so if you are out there and know the correct spelling, please feel free to share your knowledge. :) At any rate, my husband LOVES this stuff and I have grown to love it with him. The other day when my husband saw that I made this he said, "OH! You are my favorite person right now." ;) I hope whoever you make this for says the same to you if you try this recipe.

Ingredients:
Frozen pizza dough, thawed.
Polish Sausage
brown sugar (light or dark does not matter)
1 can of sauerkraut, drained

Instructions:
Cut up sausage and cook in a pan on med./ high heat. Drain sauerkraut.
While cooking sausage, roll out and cut up pizza dough into approx. 1 inch squares, using a pizza cutter.

Roll each square into a ball. Cook bread balls at 350 degrees for approx. 12 minutes.

Stir sauerkraut in with the sausage. Add 2-3 Tbs. sugar and mix, while cooking. Add bread balls into sauerkraut mixture.

Mmmmm...Delicious. Who knew!?! :)

Click here to download and print this recipe.

No comments: