Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday: Beef Taco Salad

This recipe is easy to make, tastes delicious, and it doesn't feel like you are eating a salad. :) Beef Taco Salads are very easy to whip together when you need to bring something to a potluck or a party of some kind.

This one is a regular in our house. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Ingredients:
1 lb. cooked ground beef
1 Taco seasoning packet
Veggies (tomatoes, cucumber, onion, just use what you have on hand)
A bag of salad, or rinsed, chopped lettuce
1,000 Island dressing (or whatever dressing your prefer)


Brown and drain 1 lb. beef. Add a taco seasoning packet and stir into the beef. (In the picture I show Southwestern Seasoning, because that is what we had on hand.) Mix whatever veggies you like. I used chopped up cucumber and tomato. Add a bag of salad and about 2-3 cups of crushed tortilla chips. Thousand Island or Western dressing goes great with this salad. 1000 Island is my personal fave. Toss and serve.




There is a lot of flexibility in this salad. Add more of less of each ingredient depending on your taste. While ground beef is my preference, I have also tried ground turkey and chicken and that was very yummy as well. Mix and serve. Isn't it great when dinner is a salad!?!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Add cheese and use catalina dressing - a family staple for all parties!

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jared said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jared said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MommaHughes said...

Darling Jared,
Yes, we did delete your comments. I would love to talk with you more about your concerns over email. Please, by all means, drop me an email and we'll chat some more. Have a glorious rest of your evening.
-Out of the Box Mommy

A Frugal Friend said...

I love your site - and those pizzas were just darling. Very creative.

I just awarded you all the Sisterhood Award - stop by and pick it up - you deserve it for helping all of us mommies out with mealtime. Thanks

http://afrugalfriend.blogspot.com/2009/03/sisterhood.html