Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday: Chicken Bruschetta

This is a yummy comfort food, I make it at least once a month. My husband is a pretty picky eater and he thinks it's pretty good also!

Here is what you need:


1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (undrained), 1 pkg. Chicken stuffing, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic), 1 1/2 lb. Chicken, 1 tsp. dried basil leaves (optional), 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, add the diced tomatoes (undrained), stuffing mix and water in a bowl.

Step 2: Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced cloves of garlic to mixture

Step 3: Stir until just moistened

Step 4: Dice up chicken into bite size pieces

Step 5: Place chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, sprinkle 1 tsp. dried basil leaves on top

Step 6: Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken

Step 7: Spread stuffing mix on top of the cheese and then add the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top

Step 8: Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Serve with green beans for a yummy meal!

This will reheat great and is perfect for leftovers!

Cost for a family of 6: $6.00

Cost per person: $1.00

Recipe taken from "Kraft: Food and Family" magazine; Fall 2008- p. 26. If you haven't signed up for kraft's free recipe magazine, you absolutely should. I use their recipes all the time, it is a great FREE magazine!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for this recipe. I am going to make it tonight. I love a good pantry friendly meal. My blog pantryeats.blogspot.com features food storage and pantry meals.

bobbi said...

i want to try this! is that a 1/2 cup water?

Sarah Anne said...

Bobbi Jo-

Yup, 1/2 cup water. It is so yummy! :<)

Crista said...

I made this last night, except that I had to make a last minute substitution (I was out of tomatoes! How did that happen?!) of garbanzo beans (it was the only thing I had in my pantry that seemed to fit with the dish). It turned out WONDERFUL. My husband gobbled it up and it paired beautifully with some seasoned green beans. This on is definitely going into the recipe file. Thank you!

Kelli J. said...

I plan on making this tonight, but I have a question. Is it 12 cups of water or 1/2 cups of water? It didn't look like 12 cups in the picture, so I was just curious...

Thanks!
Kelli
jordan8082@sbcglobal.net