Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday: Mexican Macaroni (Crock pot meal)


Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) package elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
1 (10-3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup water
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 (4.5 oz.) can green chiles
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend

Step One: Stir together first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir in 1.5 cups cheese. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3 quart slow cooker; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Step Two: Cover and cook on LOW 4.5 hours or until macaroni is done. Makes 6 servings.

This recipe comes from page 167 in the Southern Cooking Slow Cooker Cookbook

2 comments:

philben5 said...

Just wanted to thank you so much for your blog! You inspire me. So many times @ the end of the day I am exhausted from work and my mind is a blank as to what to make for supper. I often use our crock pot. There are so many times though that before I leave work, I will pull up your sight, get an idea and run with it! It is so helpful and handy. I may not follow the grocery planning but I greatly appreciate all of the time and effort you put into offering so many of us a great tool on join around the table every night to share food and fellowship! For this I thank you!!
Blessings
Roxanne

The Hansen Family said...

Thanks for the great meal idea! I was totally not inspired about dinner for tonight, but this is perfect. I have left over cornbread from last night and I didn't even have to defrost anything! Plus it uses items I always have in my pantry. Thanks for a great blog full of easy dishes!