Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday: Beefy Bakes

What are beefy bakes? Think~ Mega Potato.


My beefy bake was so pretty and I did not take a picture! I am still getting back into the habit of taking pictures of my meals before consuming them. This week I have not done so well and I apologize!


What you will need:
Baking Potatoes, scrubbed and clean.
Favorite cheese, shredded.
Hamburger beef.
Tomato, diced.
Salt, pepper.

Step one: Clean the biggest potatoes that you have, one for each person eating. Pierce the skin and bake those bad boys in the oven until they are ready. Probably~ 45 minutes at 350.

Step two: Meanwhile, brown your hamburger beef, drain and set aside.

Step three: Shred your cheese.

Step four: Chop your tomato.

Step five: When the potatoes are cooked through remove them with a hot pad, give them a moment to cool and then open them up. Fill them, really pile it on, with the hamburger, cheese, and tomato. Put them back into the oven for about 10 minutes.

Sometimes, we like to add cilantro to this mix and of course a bit of sour cream can taste pretty yummy too.

We served "beefy bakes" with cottage cheese, apple sauce, and salad.

No comments: