Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Frozen Grapes


This is beyond simple! It is a family favorite snack and I can't believe I am just posting it.

What you need:
Green Grapes
A container
A tiny bit of sugar

What to do:
Wash your grapes and remove them from the stem.
Place them into a container.
Sprinkle a tablespoon(ish) of sugar on top and shake, shake, shake!




Put them in the freezer until frozen through.





This is a great snack for kids to make on their own or to assist with. My three year old loves to do the shake,shake, shake part!
Just be sure to only remove the grapes that you are going to eat from the freezer. If you remove all of them and don't eat them they will go mushy.

5 comments:

Jess said...

We love frozen grapes as well, only I don't add any sugar to them. They're great on their own.

snbjork said...

Same here. LOVE frozen grapes. I remember eating them this way throughout my childhood. WE also do not add the sugar. They're so sweet all on their own. Yum!

Ethiopianmomma said...

You know my mother always made these with sugar sprinkled on them and that is why I add the sugar. But, I think I totally agree that sugar is not needed. I will make these next time sans the sugar! :)

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

We either make them sans sugar or sprinkled with a tablespoon of sugar free jello powder. OH- its delightful. ;)

MommaHughes said...

Diggin the jello powder idea! Actually, diggin the sugar idea too! ;) Daily my son asks after each meal, "Forassert?" (for dessert) This would make a great "forassert" after breakfast. :)