Mmm...what a way to spice up the basic black bean! We made this dish and served the beans in taco's. Everyone really enjoyed them and they were easy as can be to make
Cast of Characters
1 Can of chipolte chile in adobe sauce
1 small minced onion
2 tsp olive oil
2 cans black beans or one 16 ounce bag of uncooked (that you cook!)
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of orange juice
What to do:
1. Wash and soak your black beans if using uncooked. If using canned, drain and skip this step. Cook the beans over low heat until ready.
2. Dice up an onion. Put it into a skillet with the olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Add in the can of chile's and cook for another two minutes. The smell in the kitchen will be delicious!
4. Add in the beans, cup of water and Orange Juice.
5. Simmer until all bubbling and thick (about 20 minutes). Smash them lightly.
Serve over rice or as filling for nachos, tacos, burritos.....