Update as of May 2015:
We have updated our website so you can print off our recipes with one click. To get to this post on our new website you can go here.
What you will need:
5lbs. potatoes; peeled and chopped
1 sm. onion; chopped
8oz. cream cheese; softened
3-14.5oz. cans reduced sodium chicken broth (or frozen broth!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
As Garnishes you can use:
* crisp bacon; crumbled
* shredded cheddar cheese
* sour cream
* sliced scallions
What to do:
1. Put potatoes & onion in crock-pot after peeling and chopping.
2. Combine the cream cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup & the pepper. Add this mix to the crock-pot.
3. Cover & cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
4. After cooking time, mash the potatoes if you want the soup to be thicker.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish!
This recipe made a lot for our family. We served it with sausage roll-ups. I was able to take half of this recipe and freeze it for another day. It smelled wonderful while cooking and received good reviews from the entire family, especially with the garnishes.