Mmm...what a way to spice up the basic black bean! We made this dish and served the beans in taco's. Everyone really enjoyed them and they were easy as can be to make
Cast of Characters
1 Can of chipolte chile in adobe sauce
1 small minced onion
2 tsp olive oil
2 cans black beans or one 16 ounce bag of uncooked (that you cook!)
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of orange juice
What to do:
1. Wash and soak your black beans if using uncooked. If using canned, drain and skip this step. Cook the beans over low heat until ready.
2. Dice up an onion. Put it into a skillet with the olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Add in the can of chile's and cook for another two minutes. The smell in the kitchen will be delicious!
4. Add in the beans, cup of water and Orange Juice.
5. Simmer until all bubbling and thick (about 20 minutes). Smash them lightly.
Serve over rice or as filling for nachos, tacos, burritos.....
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
This is beyond simple! It is a family favorite snack and I can't believe I am just posting it.
What you need:
A tiny bit of sugar
What to do:
Wash your grapes and remove them from the stem.
Place them into a container.
Sprinkle a tablespoon(ish) of sugar on top and shake, shake, shake!
Put them in the freezer until frozen through.
This is a great snack for kids to make on their own or to assist with. My three year old loves to do the shake,shake, shake part!
Just be sure to only remove the grapes that you are going to eat from the freezer. If you remove all of them and don't eat them they will go mushy.