Thursday, December 30, 2010
Itty bittys at my feet. Okay, now on to the recipe...
This is a great recipe from Pampered Chef. LOVE these!!!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
SPRINKLE HALF OF CHOPPED CHERRIES OVER SUGAR ON DOUGH. STARTING AT SHORT END, ROLL UP AS A JELLY ROLL TO MAKE 9“ LONG ROLL. WITH SERRATED KNIFE, CUT ROLL CROSSWISE INTO ¾” SLICES TO MAKE 12 SLICES. REPEAT WITH REMAINING DOUGH AND INGREDIENTS.
PLACE SLICES, CUT SIDE DOWN, ON BAKING STONE TO FORM A TREE. BEGIN 2" FROM EDGE OF STONE BY PLACING 1 SLICE FOR TOP TO 6 SLICES FOR BASE, USING THE REMAINING SLICES FOR THE TRUNK. BAKE 20-25 MINUTES OR UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 scallions, white and light-green parts only, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 5 whole-wheat English muffins, split, toasted and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add scallions, sprinkle with salt and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper and broccoli; cook, stirring often, until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard and hot sauce, if desired; season generously with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Let strata stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375ºF; line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Remove plastic wrap from baking dish and cover with foil. Place dish on baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake until golden and just set in center, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.