My husband makes the best homemade pizza. It all started when my dad and stepmother gave us a make-your-own pizza cut for a fun wedding present. We lived in this tiny apartment where our night time entertainment was watching the cops show up at nearby homes for all sorts of raids and busts and crime patrol. It was exciting! Hey, we were young and in love and poor as could be! I worked very late into the evening. Jason would make home made pizza's several times a week and that is what we would dine on as we watched the action out of window. Good memories.
Seven years later we are still making the pizzas. Now, they are better than ever. My hubby has experimented with different crusts and sauces until he finally outdid himself tonight. A couple of years ago he served my dad home made pizza except he used powdered sugar instead of flour. Also, a fun memory!
2 Jiffy Mix Pizza Crusts
Can of Pizza Sauce
Taco Sauce (secret ingredient)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Toppings of your choice
What to do:
1. Follow the instructions for the jiffy pizza crust. However, add a bit more water and actual flour. Keep adding until the consistency is just right. This simply takes practice. We usually add just a bit of flax seed for fiber. It does not effect the taste one bit.
2. Roll out the dough after it has risen according to the directions. Brush some olive oil and seasonings onto it. My husband adds cheese onto the edges, rolls them up and makes our pizza a stuffed crust. Tonight he used pepper jack and it was great!
3. Take your can of sauce and add a bit of taco sauce to it. Now, add just a bit of sugar. Taste and add more according to what you like.
4. Bake your crust for about 10 minutes. Remove and add sauce, toppings and cheese.
5. Serve hot and with a salad!