Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday: Chicken Tetrazzini and Steamed Broccoli

This recipe is awesome. It is cheap and fairly easy to put together. I hope you enjoy it!

Here is what you need:

7 oz cooked spaghetti, 2 cups sour cream, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 3 cups cooked chicken (about 1 1/4 lb), parmesan cheese, 1 stick butter

Step 1: Bake your chicken (if not already cooked), 350 for 30 minutes. I would advise doing this before the dinner hour. I always bake double what I need and then I can freeze the rest already baked for another recipe.

Step 2: Cook your pasta (7 oz) according to directions, drain and set aside

Step 3: Once your chicken has cooled, cut up into bite size pieces to equal 3 cups.

Step 4: Make cream sauce- Combine 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup

Step 5: Melt 1 stick of butter and add to bowl

Step 6: Add 2 cups of sour cream and mix together well

Step 7: Add the cream sauce and mix with the chicken and spaghetti

Step 8: Pour into casserole dish and add parmesan cheese on the top before baking

Step 9: Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes

Step 10: Enjoy with steamed veggies!
Here is my daughter LOVING this meal! My one year old also devoured it.


Meal Serves: 6

Cost of Meal: $6.00

Cost per Person: $1.00

2 comments:

charryse said...

We make something like this that is equally as yummy. It's called Ritz Chicken. You use 2 cups of sour cream, 2 cans cream of chicken soup and a few chicken breasts cooked. Mix that all together and put in baking dish. Cover with 2 tubes of crushed Ritz crackers and then cover that with 1 stick of melted butter. Bake until bubbly (about 15-20 minutes in our oven). Thanks for all the great ideas you share.

40isthenew30 said...

What a yummy and easy recipe - I am going to make this for dinner asap! I am new to your blog and I love new, quick, and delicious recipes. Thanks for sharing.