Today we had a delicious and very easy meal. I will say that it was not the most frugal with the cost of the meat and the long cook time in the oven....
What you will need:
Chuck Roast (if you are unsure, ask the butcher at your grocery store)
Can of Jalapeno Peppers
Can of Beef Broth
What to do:
1. Take your chuck roast and place it into a big oven safe pot. I felt intimidated by this big slab of meat, but this is so easy to do!
2. Open your can of beef broth and simply pour it in!
3. Open your can of jalapenos. I used whole ones. This amazingly enough does not make the meat incredibly spicy, just nice and tasteful. Dump in the peppers and the juice.
4. Sprinkle with oregano.
5. Place in the oven at 275 for five hours. When it is finished you should be able to pull it apart with barely a touch.
6. When the meat is finished set is aside.
7. Butter your hoagie roll and place it into the oven with a nice slice of your favorite cheese. When it is warm and melted, slap that meat onto it and eat it up!
Save the drippings in the pan. They are delicious for dipping your sandwich into!