Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday: Cranberry Walnut and Chicken Salad

I love, love LOVE this salad! I have made it for several people as a salad before a meal, but this time I made it my meal by adding chicken and bread.

If you haven't tried this salad before, it's a must!

Here is what you need:


Dried Cranberries, Feta Cheese, 2 cups baked chicken, Raspberry Vinagerette Dressing, Spinach leaves (or your choice of greens- Spring Mix is also great!), walnuts and mandarin oranges. I know it is a lot of ingredients, but you will have many of these ingredients (dressing, cranberries, feta, walnuts) on hand for future salads! What you buy should make 2 meals.

Step 1: Add greens to bowl

Step 2: Add the rest of ingredients!


Step 3: Top with dressing (Raspberry Vinagerette is really good, so is red wine vinegar)

I don't have exact measurements on how much of everything to add. I basically just eyeball it based on how much I am making.

My husband actually likes this salad (which says a lot!). He likes all the "extras" that you add that are not veggies!

Meal Serves: 4

Cost of Meal: $6.00
Cost Per Person: $1.50 (not too bad considering you have lots of ingredients left over!)

1 comment:

Kim and Tony Miller said...

This salad is also amazing with strawberries! It is one of my all time faves