Through reading Taste at Home magazine I got this basic idea, however I modified it to better fit our family (and what we had in the pantry!) When I announced that I was going to be modifying recipes my husband looked terrified. Let's face it~ my food is tolerable when I follow a recipe, so setting me free without one is a scary though. But I did good!! This was good! Really!!
The Basics of What you Need:
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Chicken (Cooked and Shredded)
4 to 8 oz of cream cheese
1/2- to 1 cup of plain yogurt
Salsa (I made pico de gallo)
What to do:
1. Place cream cheese into a bowl. It helps to soften it up first. I used half of a 8oz bar of cream cheese (so, 4 oz). You could add as much or little as you like. Then, add in 1/2 to 1 cup of plain yogurt. I used two large chicken breasts. If you are using more then add more of the cream cheese and yogurt. Eye ball it!
2. Add your already cooked chicken. A good mixer will actually shred it up as long as the meat is nice and tender. Flavor with cumin and perhaps some cayenne pepper!
3. Add your black beans and mix well. Scoop the filling out and place a good amount onto a tortilla. Really fill that bad boy up!
4. Roll your tortillas up nice and neat. They will be fat so be careful not to rip them.
5. Make pico de gallo or salsa. This is going to go on top of your enchilladas when they are finished.
5. Cut up an avocado. You can make official gaucomole which is delicious. OR just smooch up an avocado real good. That will do too!
6. After getting your tortilla all rolled up sprinkle some cheese on it. We used cheddar because it is what we had. You could probably used just about anything.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Spread your salsa on top and enjoy!