Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bonus: Yogurt Muffins

It was an hour before we were heading to the airport and I realized that I had a container of yogurt left in the fridge. After force feeding my family spoon fulls of it I decided to find a quick and easy way to use it so that it would not be wasted. And, boy and I glad I did.

Seriously, you have to try these muffins. I created the recipe, so please feel free to modify it any way you like, as you can probably make it even better.





What you need:

1 3/4 cups flour (We use whole wheat around here).
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, softened or melted.
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of Salt
1 1/3 cup of yogurt (I use organic plain yogurt).
Two Bananas and a 1/2 cup of raisins (you could do any fruit mixture, go with what you have! I am trying this with cranberries and walnuts next.)

What to do:
Put it all together in a mixer and make your batter.
In muffin tins (mine are Pampered Chef Stoneware and I'm loving them thanks to Alisha!) place your batter.
Bake at 350 degrees until they are ready, about 12 minutes.

You would think that these would be soupy but the yogurt made them incredibly moist. We devoured a couple warm right out of the oven and then froze the rest. I thawed them today and served them at breakfast. They were still great muffins!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I just wanted to let you know that I found this recipe around a year ago, and we are still using it! The whole family loves it! Our favorites are strawberry yogurt with 1 cup strawberries & one banana (the man of the house's favorite) & vanilla yogurt with 1 cup blueberries & 2 bananas... Either way I love them especially b/c they are great for my child with constipation! ;)

Bloggerina said...

Was thrilled to find this recipe as i had two tubs of plain yogurt about to go bad and some fruit that needed to be eaten. They're in the oven now and i cant wait to try them! Thanks!