Thursday, April 15, 2010

Frugal Friday: Chocolate Chip Pancakes & Cheesy Eggs

I decided to make chocolate chip pancakes, instead of regular pancakes because who doesn't like chocolate for dinner?! And honestly, don't you just get tired of regular pancakes!?


This is such a simple meal, all you need is:

Bisquick (or make your own using; How To Series: Making your own Bisquick)
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
Eggs
Milk
Cheese
Butter
Syrup


Step 1:


Mix up your bisquick and add your chocolate chips.


Step 2:

Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto your warmed griddle

Step 3:

Heat your pancake until bubbles start to form on the top, then it's time to FLIP!
(I hope you can you see the bubbles. This was a hard picture to take b/c I didn't want to burn my pancake!)



This is what my daughters did while I was making pancakes and my husband was making his oh-so-yummy scrambled eggs and cheese!





Step 4: Make your scrambled eggs. My husband makes the best scrambled eggs. His tip is: add a little bit of water to the eggs when you scramble them and don't let them overcook or they will be dry! Oh, and add cheese to the top!


Step 5: Plate your dish~


My toddlers and my 11 month old loved this meal!



My 11th month old had regular pancakes without the sweet stuff, but my older two had seconds!






Enjoy!

Cost of meal for a family of $4.00
Cost per person: $1.00




I am always looking for great new "add-ins" for pancakes.

What do you use to make your pancakes tasty?
Leave a comment and share!





4 comments:

Natalie said...

pancakes are one of my favorite meals! favorite pancake add-ins include cranberries (chopped) and pecans...maybe not for the kids but these are to die for! esp with a little orange zest!

also love using reese's peanut butter chips!

i have lots of pancake recipes on my blog if you ever need a fix :)

Natalie said...

i love chopped cranberries, pecans, and orange zest. kinda of a grown-up taste that your girls might not like but they're to die for!

also love peanut butter chips! or pb AND choc chips :)

i have lots of pancake recipes on my blog, if you ever need a creative pancake fix (gingerbread and carrot cake are 2 excellent ones!)

Jessie said...

Totally late with this comment, but we do mashed banana and cinnamon. Mmm!

Denys said...

we love to do pancakes for dinner every once in a while too. Sometimes we'll thin out the batter and they turn crepe-like, then we use strawberry jam and redd-whip to top. so yummy!