Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Frugal Wednesday: "It's not Delivery, It's Digiorno!"


Every week we have a pizza night! It gives me a night off and allows me to love my husband by cooking his favorite meal... pizza! Some weeks we have Little Caesars ($5 Hot & Ready Large Pizza), others we have frozen (whatever is on sale!) and others we have homemade.


This week, I had a coupon from a friend for $4 off the new Digiorno's Pizza and Breadsticks combo. I tried it out and we were very impressed! Although you can't get a $4 off coupon, you can get a $3 coupon right now for this pizza. It runs about $6.50 At Wal-Mart, so it would make a frugal meal for $3.50


Pair the pizza with a nice salad and you have yourself a great dinner! Enjoy!


If you would like to make a homemade pizza tonight, here are a few recipes that your family would enjoy!

Italian Pizza Bake

Cornbread Pizza on the grill or in the oven


Homemade Pizza and Salad


Bubble Pizza
( a personal fave in our household!)

Calzones


Here is a recipe I love for homemade pizza dough. I can't believe I have never posted it before!!!
Thanks to Money Saving Mom for the easy and great pizza dough recipe!


They are all worth checking out! Use one for each week and you have the next 5 weeks planned (one day of the week, anyway!)



What is your family's favorite pizza? Do you prefer frozen, homemade, delivery??

1 comment:

The Keevy Family said...

We really like homemade pizza, but like an easy store bought pizza from time to time. I usually add pineapple to the pizza for my kids since that is their favorite.

I became a fan of DiGiornio on FB, but I cannot find the coupon. Can you help me?