Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday: Mother-in-law Day

My mother-in-law was just in the mood for extravagence. She had a gigantic ham on the table along with creamed corn, mashed potatoes, salad, fresh fruit and home made rolls. I have to apologize for not having pictures, dur, I left my camera at home. And, no they do not have a camera or a computer or even a cell phone!

I packed up the ham bone in ice and brought it home with me. This serves as the base for tomorrows split pea soup. Fingers crossed that it turns out. I have never made it before.

Thanks to my mother-in-law we had this great dinner. I have actually never made a ham and should give it a try (they tend to be pretty pricey though!).
Here is a resource for preparing a ham dinner that I thought might be helpful.

How to Cook a Ham

For those of you that are just now following the Meal Planning Mommies I (Katie) go to my mother-in-law's every Wednesday so that she can doat on her grandbabies and her grown up son....

No comments: