Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday: Chicken Packets, Scalloped Corn and Chopped Salad

Chicken Packets... yum! These are called different things in different circles, but everyone talks about them the same- delish!These packets are easy to make, frugal, healthy and freeze great!

Scalloped corn is one of those side dishes that I most remember my Nana making when I was a young girl. It brings back familiar smells, tastes and unbelievably this is the first time I have ever made it! It is super easy and a great side dish to have on hand!

So, knowing the chicken packets have been posted on our site before, I did not take pictures because I was going to use the original post. Well... I should of checked before making dinner, because the original post doesn't have pictures!

I promise I will make it up to you!

Here is the recipe for Chicken Packets.

The recipe for Scalloped Corn is as follows:

Here is what you need:

1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 can yellow creamed corn, 1 egg (slightly beaten), 1 T sugar, 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, paprika and butter.

Step 1: Mix the 2 cans of corn, slightly beaten egg, 1 T sugar and 1/2 cup cracker crumbs

Step 2: Put in a 9x9 greased baking dish, dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.


Step 3: Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 min.

No comments: