Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Toddler Snack Idea: P.B. and Jelly Roll-ups

This is a great snack or meal idea for your toddler. It makes having peanut butter and jelly much more exciting! I have also used this snack for potlucks and birthday parties!


Here is what you need:

Whole Wheat Tortillas (as many as you want to make), Peanut Butter, Jelly

Step 1:

Spread peanut butter on whole wheat tortilla

Step 2:
Mix your jelly in with the peanut butter. I learned the hard way that you must mix these two together, otherwise when you roll up the tortilla, the jelly will squeeze out and make a huge mess!


Step 3:
Roll up your tortilla being careful to not lose much of your p.b. and j!


Step 4:
Wrap your roll- up in clear plastic wrap

Step 5:
Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. This will make them easier to slice!

Step 6: Take the saran wrap off the roll-up and using a sharp knife, slice them horizontally so that you end up with little roll-ups. (Once again, I used this for a potluck and forgot to take my camera to church with me to snap a final shot!)


I have seen lots of great recipe ideas out there for quick and easy roll-ups.

If you have a great one, please leave a comment and share!




2 comments:

Pinkie said...

I think this is a great idea. I am going to share your link on my blog.

Inspired Me ~ Audrey said...

wow love this.. my two year old will too!