Monday, June 14, 2010

E-Class~ A Peasant's Feast

I am so eager to share with you a class that is being offered through one of my favorite blogs~ The Nourishing Gourmet.  It will teach you everything I wish that I could! I am going to take the class.


Food is changing my life. Our life. And, I am talking real food friends. The kind of food that has a history. The kind of food that has nourished mankind for thousands of years. When I prepare it for my family and partake of it there is a satisfaction that reaches the spirit.


When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  (1 Corinthians 13:11)


I am moving beyond the childish way of looking at food, at least my childish way of viewing it. Its all pretty simple.  Thousand year old whole grains, naturally grown and cared for produce,  pure raw dairy, and meat raised ethically and honorably (thus healthy!) all make me hear a still small voice from my provider. He says something like this, "See. Now isn't that better. Silly girl, I have provided you with my creation and will sustain and nourish you. "

Mostly, this food adventure is bringing our family back to the way we should be eating. Food.
I have always been a nature girl, but now I see nature in a new light. I have always carried an awe for God because of the beauty of His creation. The newness comes in a significant abundance of trust that has grown in my heart as I see the food he has provided for us all along. Somehow,  it just got lost for me in the maze of fancy packages, factory made minute meals, and tubs of fake butter.

I see now, perhaps only in part as if looking through a poor reflection in a mirror, but in part is a whole lot better than before.  Here at Meal Planning Mommies this change is starting to show in my meal plans.  Today I made our crackers, started a loaf of whole grain bread made with Kasha, and set aside millet and peaches for breakfast and began soaking the oatmeal for granola in goat milk kefir.

Never will I be able to go back to the way it was before. Its a metamorphosis. (And, yes I know this word describes the biological change of an animal....but in a way this food change is changing our biology!)

Today~ I officially joined a natural food co-op. I ordered wheat berries (soft and hard), spelt berries, and kamut to experiment with milling my own grains.  I also ordered kefir, vanilla beans for making my own vanilla, ginormous bags of beans, and oats.

I have so many questions.

1. How do we afford this and make it work? 
2. How do I go about implementing this change in a way that sticks? 
3. How do I organize my kitchen and life to support the change to whole foods? 
4. What in the world is that? (Insert a variety of foods I have never heard of before here!) 

The Nourishing Gourmet, a blog that is a godsend to mom's like myself, is offering an e-class that will answer all of these questions and more. I am pumped about this class and I encourage you to check it out. The Meal Planning Mommies do receive an affiliate credit if you sign up for the class through our website. So, if you want to sign up please do so here, we would appreciate it!

The class is called  A Peasant's Feast: Nourishing Gourmet on a Budget and it looks fantastic. I can not wait and I just know it is going to help me get my act together and I am so ready for this!

So, now just for funsies....gotta love that word....here is a picture of me with a cabbage. Why?

I have no idea. I think because I saw the cabbage and thought it resembled my face or something. It was late. Boy, am I happy about this class! 


No comments: