Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meal Plan (June 20-25)



What a day! My oldest baby turned four years old. I don't know about the rest of you, but that is huge. Four years old. The start of Toy Story 3 shows Andy growing up....sappy music...snapshots of the passing years.  The movie had not been on for more than five minutes and I was sobbing into my popcorn.  We sent out an invitation to family and friends to join us for the movie Toy Story 3 in lou of gifts, followed by a small party at our home.  Forty-Three people showed up! I am so glad that I had enough cupcakes! And....they were good...worthy of sharing on Meal Planning Mommies. So, look out for them this week.

Here is the meal plan.  It is the week of the Chickpea.  Between Tuesday's soup, Thursday's Falafal and some delicious hummus I would like to proclaim that ~ Chickpeas Rock!


Monday~ Japanese Spaghetti (A delicious whole wheat spaghetti dish loaded with seasonal vegetables and flavor!)
Tuesday~ Spanish Chickpea Soup with Garlic Mint Pesto 
Wednesday~ Soaked Grain Blender Waffles (A little preparation, a big healthy hit!)
Thursday~ Middle Eastern Falafal
Friday~ Mojadra (Rice and Lentils


Plus~ my son's birthday cupcakes (made with freshly ground whole wheat flour), a pretty gross flop, a give away, and a few other extras. 

 

No comments: