Oh, la, la. I am in love with this dish. It is fun to put together. Delicious to eat. And, makes a fantastic lunch the next day when your best friend comes over to visit (right, Sarah?).
Here we go !
Chicken (optional, skip this for an easy vegetarian meal)
Dressing: Fresh Squeezed Orange with a little zest, Rice Vinegar, Shoyu Sauce, Sesame Oil, Ginger
Prepare to multi-task.
1. Begin by cutting up your chicken breast and cooking it with a bit of olive oil in a wok.
2. Meanwhile, chop up all your veggies and greens.
3. And, boil some spaghetti in a separate pot. This might also be great with soba noodles.
5. While the greens are softening up in the wok (for about 10 minutes) make your dressing. Here is how I do it.....I add all the ingredients a splash at a time until I like the way it tastes! Then, I mix it all together in my blendtec. You can make it anyway you like it, but please don't leave out that orange juice and zest. It makes this meal. You need it!
I have to show this picture. This is why my photographs do not usually look that great. Here is the real deal. I am cooking, picture taking, and trying to keep the baby from eating all the ingredients. This is pretty much how we roll. There is a four year old on the floor building a fort out of dish rags too.
8. And, your dressing. Toss it now, really good. You might have to put the baby down for this.
9. Here is my favorite part.
It's time to eat.