- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with both sugars for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth and well combined. Beat in peanut butter. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture in 2 batches, until just combined. My darling husband came home from work while I was making these and he pitched in to help them get made quicker. Ain't he sweet?
3. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten each ball by pressing with tines of a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake, switching pans halfway through, 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom and barely colored on top. Cool on pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. With a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
These cookies were muy fantastico!! Try them. :-)