- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups instant biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly grease 8 muffin cups or place a foil liner in each.
2. In a medium saucepan, warm oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. If you haven't already, rinse and drain your beans. Stir in tomatoes, beans and chili powder and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until chili is slightly thickened. Season with salt.
3. While chili is cooking, combine biscuit mix and milk in a medium bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a 6-by-9-inch rectangle. (I just put parchment paper on our counter for this part.)Cut into 8 squares and put each square into a muffin-tin cup, pressing down gently and pushing slightly up sides of each cup. (I used out cut n seal which makes circles. You could also use the rim of a cup to make circles for this part)
I LOVED this one. It was delicious. Good comfort food right here.