Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Deep Fried Oreos Recipe I promised some of you

I have to say, deep fried oreos just sounded like a really bad idea to me. :) My husband, on the other hand, who LOVES doughnuts, was really excited about the new dessert at the fair. He tried it and asked me if I wanted some. I told him, "no, it's not like I need one more thing to love that I shouldn't have". :) He enjoyed his treat and we went on with our day. Well, he never stopped thinking about those things. :) For real, he kept talking about them, saying that he was going to make his own. What you should know, though, is that my husband never cooks. Then, one night, I hear him using the mixer. Sure enough. He had found the recipe and was creating his own "fair" treat to enjoy at home. I took pictures so I could show you, and share the recipe with you. It's quite easy actually.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix (For directions on how to make your own Bisquick, go here)
  • 3/4 cup ice water
  • 1 quart vegetable oil
  • 1 sleeve of Oreo cookies (14 each)
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar

  • Directions

    1. Freeze cookies for 3 hours.

    2. In a heavy-gauge 3-quart saucepot heat oil to 350 degrees F. (My hubster used our deep fryer)

    3. While oil is heating, set up a sheetpan with paper towels for draining.

    4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl stir water into buttermilk pancake mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. As soon as batter is smooth, dip each cookie, one at a time, into batter and smooth batter, making a thin coat completely around the cookie. Place coated cookie carefully into hot oil. Repeat for each cookie. Fry on both sides, turning over once until golden brown.

    5. Remove fried cookie from hot oil with metal tongs and drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners sugar.(I should probably mention her that my daughter did not eat all of these by herself)
    6. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before serving.

    1 comment:

    Amanda said...

    I liked this recipe. All the ingredients are specified very clearly. Directions are very simple to follow. My kids like it very much. Thanks for such a nice post. Hope other will also like it.
    toddler meals