Friday, August 27, 2010

What's up with no meals posted this week?

I'm not well. I thought for sure I would be "up and at em" by now, but, alas, I am not. I feel quite miserable at the moment actually, and I have been having this really strange feeling that I only remember having when I was in my first trimester...no appetite. Let me also just state that I am NOT pregnant; I just wanted to emphasize how rare a loss of appetite is for me. I have always been one for keeping it real, even at the expense of looking stupid...so here it goes....today looked something like this...

8:00...Husband feeds the kids a pancake while I loaf around in bed, deciding if I will get up yet.

12:00...kids are whining about being hungry and I am not hungry, plus I have no energy to whip up something nutritious, so I roll off the couch to pop a loaf of Italian bread in the oven and cut up an apple for them to share.

3:00...Keely starts talking about wanting a snack, and we're out in the van, so I stopped to get the kids Wendy's chicken nuggets and a frosty.

4:30...I have to head out for work. I stopped at Arby's to get a Jr. Deluxe because I knew I would not make it the whole evening on an empty tank. (I should have called off tonight, but I was trying to be superwoman... moms, you know how that goes, right?)

6:30...While I am at work, my husband feeds the kids grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you honey!! I love you.

10:00...My stomach was growling on the drive home from work and the only thing that sounded even remotely appetizing was a sub from Jimmy John's. I stopped and got a Turkey Tom and managed to scarf less than half of it down before I decided to give up, and lay down on the couch.

So, needless to say, not a typical week. I am going to post the recipes I was going to make in case if you wanted to try to make the recipe, but I do not have pictures, because I did not make my planned meals for this week. The next few posts are the recipes for this week.

Thanks for understanding.

No comments: