Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gift Ideas for the Mommies: #1

T-minus 1 day until Black Friday.

I am sure your family members have been hinting at their Christmas list, but what about the mommies? A few people have been asking me what I would like- and quite honestly I had to really think about it. There are lots of great new gadgets out there (Ipad, Ipad, Ipad....) Practically, though, I go through a mental list every year: What new kitchen gadget do I have my eye on?(Food processor) Do I need new kitchen washcloths or towels? (YES!!!) How are my kitchen knives shaping up? (Definitely need new ones!)

Stocking up my Kitchen is always first on my list... then I think of other things- Magazine Subscriptions (the gift that gives all year!), a new Purse (most of my purses were already worn out and used when I got them- so a brand new purse has been a treat since I was young!), and wallet to go with it (even better if there is a little moolah in it!)

I have a fantastic product to review for you today that each of you have to add to your Christmas list. Not only is it functional, practical, frugal and unique... but it will SAVE YOU MONEY ALL YEAR! Do I have your attention??? The Savvycents Wallet.

A great way to budget is to use the envelope system. It is the way our family sticks to our budget and I highly recommend it whenever those I know are looking for a new way to stick to their budget.

The envelope system is a system where you take out cash for all of your areas in your budget where you might normally use your debit card. For example, we use cash for our groceries, eating out money, entertainment money, baby-sitting money and misc. items. Previously, I used a regular wallet and tried to separate my different areas of money using paperclips. I didn't have great luck with this! Then I tried to use a separate system using an index card holder for my cash, but I was nervous that I would lose it- plus all that change was annoying!

Then I found the Savvycents Wallet. I have been using this wallet for months and love every aspect of it! I get so many compliments and people wanting to know where to get one!


Here is a basic description from their site:

"The Savvycents wallet is not only functional but also fashionable. It contains everything you need to organize your monthly or weekly budget using a cash system. With an accordion style file system inside the wallet you can separate money, coupons, receipts or store discount cards by categories. Your wallet comes with file cards where you can label each category with our pre-printed labels. There are also blank labels where you can customize your wallet based on your personal categories. You no longer have to carry envelopes or zip lock bags to separate your money and coupons. Your change will fit nicely in a coin pocket located on the backside of the wallet.


It also has 6 pockets for debit cards and store discount cards. On the opposite side there is a place for your driver’s license and a place for your checkbook."


Wallet is 8” x 4”


I cannot say enough good things about this wallet. It looks great, has a space for all my different cash categories, has a place for all my cards, checkbook etc. This wallet has encouraged me to stick to my budget and has taken the frustration out of trying to keep all my "envelopes" organized.

This would be a great gift for a teenager, just learning how to budget. A young wife who is learning how to stick to a family budget or someone who has been at it a long time - yet wants a more organized and fashionable way to be frugal!

The wallet is $24.99 and worth every penny! Check it out today and get someone else (or you!) crossed off your shopping list.

No comments: