You were just out shopping. You're tired. You just spent more than your budget for the week. You don't feel like cooking, and the kids are whining about being hungry. I feel you. ;0)
Here's a quick lunch that doesn't cost a lot and can be whipped up in a snap, and your kids will think it is fun. In fact, they can help you make this one easy.
Dry Spaghetti noodles
vegetables on the side
1. Cut each of the hot dogs into 3-4 parts.
2. Break your dried spaghetti into relatively equal lengths and push them into one end of the hot dogs. (kids have fun helping with this part, and the breaking of the noodles)
3. Get your water boiling.
4. While the water is coming to a boil, pop open a can of beans and warm them up. (I just heated them in my microwave)
5. Cook your octopi in the boiling water until the noodles are cooked.
6. Serve your octopi on the beans, along with some veges on the side. (we just did peas)