Monday, December 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Syrup

The syrup in it's spreadable state a day later.
A while back we went to the Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg, TN and had ourselves a mighty sweet breakfast. My son ordered the kids pancakes which came with a beautiful dish of peanut buttery goodness. It was pancake syrup that tasted like peanut butter. The boys in my family went nuts. No pun intended.

So, I did some research. Looks like you can make a version of this syrup with Karo Syrup, but I did some modifications and came up with a yummy and nutritious version.

Peanut Butter
Honey
A Blender

On pancake morning I take peanut butter and warm honey and put them together in my blender. A Blend Tec has a "batter/syrup/dressing" button which can turn just about anything into well....batter, syrup or dressing. Its beautiful.

1. Step one. Heat honey on very low over the stove. Put into blender.
2. Step two. Add Peanut butter.
3. Step three. Blend well. Until smooth, creamy, and pourable.

I store this in a jar and it does solidify some, making it less of a syrup and more of a delightful spread. We use the remainder for apple dipping and tasty PB and J sandwiches.

ps....if using an industrial grade blender such as a vitamix or blendtec you do not have to warm the honey. The blender will warm and liqufy nicely. 

No comments: