Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Dips

My dip loving dudes in the man fort!
Earlier I shared my weekly breakfast meal plan. I do not officially meal plan for lunch. In general we munch on leftovers, raw fruits/veggies, and stick to some pretty basic lunches. I do not buy a lot of lunch items, but a few. I like to keep sprouted grain tortillas in the fridge as they are helpful in creating easy nutritious lunches.

Sarah is really good with lunch planning. She has running lists of great lunch ideas for her kids. Hopefully she will be sharing soon!! I know she has been talking about sharing this idea for a long while.


Something I do weekly that does help with lunch meal planning (as well as snacking) is dip making. Each Sunday night I soak some kind of beans in preparation for making a bean dip. I am not terribly creative, so this typically is black bean dip or hummus.

On Monday I make the dip and we eat it little by little throughout the week, especially now that we are all out of our canned salsa. Making a weekly dip is a fantastic way to get beans into the diet and then you always have something to serve with crackers or veggies in case company comes over last minute!

HUMMUS RECIPE

BLACK BEAN DIP


I am really looking for some new dip ideas that use beans or legumes. If you have a dip to share please pass it on. We would love to feature your recipe on MPM!

2 comments:

dana said...

I have an awesome dip that everyone always raves over.
1 can black beans rinsed
1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix everything together.....DELICIOUS

Sarah Anne said...

I like the weekly dip idea! We haven't had hummus in our fridge for way too long...