Sunday, May 22, 2011

Meal Plan May 23-28



Ever since returning from our vacation in April I have struggled with getting back into meal planning. Either I had the plan and did not keep it, or I found myself tossing things together last minute with cranky hungry boys at my feet. The first makes for a nasty dent in the wallet and the second makes for a grumpy mommy!  To make sure that neither happen I have plunged back into meal planning with a lot of hope that it will bring some peace into my kitchen, leaving me more time for...well....everything else!

Here is our meal plan for this week. I have included my breakfast, lunch and dinner plan for you.  I am excited as we spent $35 at the store this week and I managed to create this meal plan from that and what I already had in my kitchen. Kids eat free at our dinner out, so that meal will be under fifteen dollars, which means an entire weeks meals for less than $50.  The grains stretch and they make for very frugal meals. The produce I am using this week all has come from our garden except for the bananas and apples.. The eggs and meat are local and we hit it big today with clearances at our organic food store, this made the hubby very happy!

Monday
Breakfast~ Oatmeal with bananas 
Lunch~Sprouted grain tortillas with raw milk cheese and salsa, grilled
Dinner~  vegetable Tikka Masala over brown rice


Tuesday 
Breakfast~ Green Smoothies and whole grain  pumpkin muffins
Lunch~ Spinach salad (spinach, chickpeas, corn, bacon, tomatoes, and ranch dressing)
Dinner~ Bike Ride to our favorite Mexican Restaurant for some yummy nacho's

Wednesday 
Breakfast~ Eggs and fresh english muffins
Lunch~ leftover Tikka Masala in pita pockets
Dinner~ Spaghetti and Greens

Thursday
Breakfast~ Green Smoothies, sourdough toast, and cereal
Lunch~ Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner ~Lentil Sloppy Joes

Friday
Breakfast~ Ham and Cheese Eggs
Lunch~ Radish, Blue Cheese and Arugula Tortillas
Dinner~ Spicy Potato Kale Soup

Saturday~ 
Breakfast (Garage sale morning!) Green Smoothies and Doughnuts!
Lunch~ Leftover from this past week!
Dinner~ Egg Sandwiches....our weekend favorite!



Snacks~ We are still in our trail mix phase. The boys have been making their own using a mixture of: banana chips, honey roasted peanuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, chocolate chips, and raisins.  In addition to trail mix apples are the staple snack around here......

No comments: