Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coffee for Nan!



Hi Friends,

I have not been meal planning much these days and to be honest my kitchen and table have been hectic! Just last week I vowed to Sarah and Alisha that I was going to start meal planning again for my own sanity. We have been eating a lot of pancakes in our house, and you know, that is alright! But, its time to give the griddle a rest and serve something with a least a dash of organization. :)

I wanted to take a moment to share something really neat with you, something on the heart of this Momma. My family is in the process of adopting.  Our eldest son, The Moose, came to us first from Ethiopia, Africa four year ago. Next, I birthed our second son, BooBoo Chicken, and the family really started to get rowdy and fun! We were not, are not, finished creating our family. The Lord has faithfully led us down the path of adoption again and we are so excited. I have written about our adoption, and the little sunshine that may be coming home soon on my personal blog~ Subrabia. 

We are fundraising for our adoption to help offset the cost of the paperwork, fees, and travel.  I am not asking that anyone give money, but I would like to point you in the direction of this link in case you are already a coffee hound like myself. If you already drink coffee, perhaps consider switching your daily Java to this brand for a time. We make $5.00 off of each pound purchased. All the coffee is fair trade and delicious! Each pound that you buy goes directly to helping bring our daughter home.

The coffee can be purchased through our store at: www.justlovebeans.com/brabsonsbeans
The coffee of the week is Sunshine Roast! It is delicious, smooth, and a favorite!

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Katie

2 comments:

Quirky Jessi said...

Congratulations!! I don't drink coffee myself or I'd switch in a heart beat, but I passed on the link to some die-hard coffee friends of mine....the ones who already only buy fair trade beans and frequently support fundraising efforts, so I hope they'll help you guys along the way. :)

Momma Hughes said...

Mmm...COFFEEEE.... YES PLEASE!!! Oh, and a sweet little girl to boot. BONUS!! How perfectly delightful. ;) Love you Katie. In complete support of you. Just have to find out where Scott hid all the credit cards from me when we switched to cash only and I am all over it. ;) Proud of you sweet momma!!!